Saturday, January 12, 2013

Review of RentTheRunway.com

I was introduced to www.RentTheRunway.com back in May 2011. I was hired to do a quick piece with them on ABC News, and was gifted a store credit to the website. Fast forward to a year-and-a-half later, and I finally had a social event that gave me a chance to use my credit for a designer dress.

Although I just recently embraced this whole "being a girl" thing, I still do not ooh and ahhh over designer names. Either I like something or I don't: I don't care if it is a high-end designer, or something at Wal-Mart. And I don't think I will ever be able to wrap my head around the fact that girls shell out $100's - $1,000's on PURSES. Whoa, starting to tangent here. Back to this review.

Even if you're like me, and are not impressed by names, the website is great for finding some unique and quality pieces. One is able to "rent" the looks for a fraction of the retail price. It's suited for big events where one would be shelling out a lot more for an acceptable dress-- a dress that one may not even wear again until another big event of the same nature arises. Or, in the case of a lot of girls, the dress may not even see the light of day again because after one wear, it's lost its appeal. If you relate to that, and want to save money and closet space, then check out the site!

I will definitely go back again when the occasion arises to look like a million bucks, without having to pay the retail price. I could write all about it, but then there would have been no point to my video. I suppose this goes out to the girls, but if you're a guy and you overhear your old lady or your girl friend saying they need a dress for a big upcoming event, remember RentTheRunway.com.

=========================================================
If anyone signs up, do so at this referral link, and we'll both get $20 towards the next rental:
http://www.renttherunway.com/referral/laurenstrec.
=========================================================



~Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment